Old versionsSee all
Johnny is the cross-platform Open Source GUI frontend for the popular password cracker John the Ripper.
Johnny's aim is to automate and simplify the process with the help of the tremendously versatile and robust John the Ripper, as well as add extra functionality on top of it, specific to Desktop and GUI paradigms, like improved hash and password workflow, multiple attacks and session management, easily define complex attack rules, visual feedback and statistics, all of it on top of the immense capabilities and features offered by both JtR core/proper as well as jumbo.
- Cross platform, builds and runs on all major desktop platforms
- Based on the most powerful and robust password cracking software, supports both John core/proper and jumbo flavors
- Exposes most useful JtR attack modes and options in a usable, yet powerful interface
- Simplifies password/hash management and attack results via complex filtering and selection
- Easily define new attacks and practical multiple attack session management
- Manually guess passwords via the Guess function
- Export Passwords table to CSV and colon password file format
- Import many types of encrypted or password protected files via the 2john functionality
- Fully translatable (English and French language for now)